The Anthem Community Council is teaming up with Republic Services, ProShred, MCSO and other community partners to offer Anthem residents the opportunity to recycle electronics, personal documents, bulk cardboard, paint, and other items. The event takes place on Saturday, October 9 from 8-11 a.m. and is open to Anthem residents only.
Participants must provide one form of Anthem residency identification before recycling items. Enter from Whitman Drive and exit onto Gavilan Peak Parkway in order to assist with traffic flow. In order to participate, residents must be in line prior to 10:45 a.m.
Approved materials include, but are not limited to, electronics, bulk materials, cardboard, personal documents, paint, and prescription and non-prescription drugs.
A summarized list of acceptable items includes (subject to change):
• Computer equipment: PCs, laptops, modems, hubs and routers, storage devices, main frames, servers, power supplies and cords, printers, wires and cabling, mice, keyboards, hard drives, and DVD and CD drives.
• Point-of-sale equipment: Credit card machines, printers and scanners.
• Telecom equipment: Telephones, cell phones, switches, and answering systems.
• Printing equipment: Printers, fax machines, copiers, calculators, typewriters, and cartridges.
• A/V equipment: TVs, stereos, radios, amplifiers, projectors, satellite and cable equipment, video equipment, VCRs, CD players, video game equipment, surveillance equipment, and cameras.
• Batteries: alkaline, nickel cadmium, lead acid, lithium, etc.
• Electronic components: Capacitors, diodes, resistors, transistors and integrated circuits.
• Other electronic items: Test, lab and medical equipment (no radioactivity), cables and wire, connectors, ballasts, batteries, power strips, etc.
• Household appliances: Toasters, blenders, mixers, etc. Items containing Freon will not be accepted.
• Paint: All kinds are accepted; there is no limit to amount being disposed of (residential only; not commercial).
• Paper: Household sensitive materials including bank statements, check stubs and credit card offers (limit five banker boxes per car). The following items will not be accepted for shredding: business documents, metal, CDs, tapes, disks, binder clips and three-ring binders.
• Household Hazardous Waste: Lacquers, thinners, wood preservatives and stains, solvents, paint removers, gasoline, diesel fuel, lighter fluid, waste oil, pesticides, fertilizers, drain/oven cleaners, adhesives, pool chemicals, aerosol cans, etc.
• Prescription and non-prescription drugs: Pills only; no liquids.
The event is free and all Anthem residents are invited to take part (even those who are serviced by the City of Phoenix on the west side of I-17). For more information and a complete list of acceptable items (as well as those that will not be accepted), visit OnlineAtAnthem.com/go-green.