Autumnfest, one of the North Valley’s favorite seasonal events, will return to Anthem Community Park, located at 41730 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway, October 23-24.
The weekend-long event runs 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, is for all ages, and is open to the public. Parking and admission are free. The Frazier Shows Carnival will open Thursday evening, Oct. 21 (fees apply).
What to Expect
Handmade goods, culinary creations, art, jewelry, photography, candles, and many other items will be for sale as part of the event’s signature arts and crafts fair. Additionally, business vendors—who typically only are part of Anthem Days in the spring—will participate with booths and interactive activities.
“With the holidays coming and people being anxious to get outside for activities, this is the perfect opportunity to purchase gifts, décor, tasty treats and other fall-inspired delicacies while enjoying Anthem’s beautiful Community Park and all that it has to offer,” says Debbie Pulido, the Anthem Community Council’s special events manager.
Other Autumnfest Activities
• Carnival rides and games: Frazier Shows Carnival offers a host of rides and attractions. The carnival will open Thursday evening and run through the weekend at various times. Rides and games vary in price. All-you-can-ride wristbands will be available during select times; hours will be posted online. (Enhanced COVID-19 sanitation protocols will be in place to ensure the safest event possible.)
• Kids’ Zone and family activities: Children will enjoy bounce houses/inflatables (fees apply) and tractor-pulled hayrides (free) through Community Park are a favorite of attendees.
• Pumpkin Patch: Families can pick the perfect pumpkin to purchase and decorate (free foam face kits will be available for each purchased pumpkin). Take a photo before you leave to share on social media with friends and family.
• Train rides: The Daisy Mountain Railroad will offer rides that circle Community Park (fees apply).
• Food court/Rotary beer garden: Food, beer, and wine will be available for purchase (prices vary). No outside food or drinks are allowed in the fenced food court area. There will be an ATM on site.
• Live entertainment: Bands will perform at the Main Pavilion 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. both days. Enjoy a strolling magician and balloon artist as well (free).
• Firewise Days, in partnership with Daisy Mountain Fire Department: Stop by to visit with Smokey Bear (Saturday only, if he’s not out fighting wildfires) and see a fire truck up close (free).
• Enter-to-win raffle: Attendees with purchases from three arts and crafts vendors are eligible to enter to win an original, commemorative “Anthem” canvas print.
Decorated Pumpkin Display and Contest
The decorated pumpkin display and contest, which has grown in popularity over the last few years, will return. Decorate (not carve) pumpkin(s) in any family-friendly theme, and the pumpkins will be on display on the walkway to the Main Pavilion. Eventgoers can then vote for their favorites (top vote earners will receive a prize).
Pumpkins can be dropped off for display on Saturday, Oct. 23, from 10 a.m.-noon at Community Park (tent near Main Pavilion). Entry paperwork, category descriptions, and additional guidelines will be posted online. There is no cost to enter; entries are due Oct. 15 by 5 p.m.
“We have had an amazing turnout of pumpkins year over year, showcasing so much creativity from our community,” says Kristi Northcutt, the ACC’s senior director of community relations. “We encourage previous participants to return, and we hope that a lot of new folks will join the fun!”
ProSkill Services is the proud Title Sponsor of this year’s event. Visit OnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest for more information.