• 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
• 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
• 3 cups water
• 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
• 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 12 round blue tortilla chips, halved
• 12 triangular blue tortilla chips
1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, water, chilies, seasoning mix and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring frequently.
2. Top each serving with two halved round tortilla chips and one triangular tortilla chip inserted vertically into the chili between the round halves to resemble a witch’s hat.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 12 servings
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Originally published as Bewitched Chili in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014.