Deer Valley Dental Group, owned and managed by Dr. Todd Cockrell, is now open in Deer Valley and accepting new patients. The entire team is committed to delivering a more positive patient experience through comprehensive dental care with advanced, proven technology. One example of this is safer, faster Digital X-rays, which produce up to 90% less radiation than traditional X-rays, according to Schick Technologies. Another is CEREC® CAD/CAM single-visit crowns, which are available in just a few hours—a process that used to require several weeks and multiple visits.
Handy Tips For A Healthier Halloween
If you’re interested in helping your family have a healthier Halloween, Deer Valley Dental Group will be buying back Halloween candy for $1 per pound. The candy will be sent to Operation Gratitude, which annually shares 200,000+ care packages with military and first responder communities.
The team at Deer Valley also offers these handy tips to help local smiles survive Halloween:
• If you wear braces, choose soft chocolates, peanut butter cups or other kinds of candies that melt in your mouth.
• Healthier braces-free treats options include nuts, hard candies, sugar-free treats, dark chocolate or even powdered candy that can be eaten without chewing.
• After eating, the American Dental Hygienists Association recommends (those without braces) chewing on sugar-free gum to help fight cavities, neutralize plaque and strengthen teeth as well as wash away food particles.
• Stay away from ones that are chewy, sticky, sour, really sugary and/or take a long time to dissolve.
• Get creative and consider non-edible substitutes like crayons, toys or fun jewelry.
• Designate a specific time when your kid can indulge each day. Sometime mid to late afternoon will help avoid sugar crashes or a spoiled dinner!
• Most importantly, make sure your kids brush their teeth for at least two minutes every morning and evening, and floss daily, especially after eating Halloween candy.
Deer Valley Dental Group is conveniently located at 2805 Aqua Fria Freeway. To schedule an appointment (and drop off some candy) call 623-385-0398 or visit DeerValleyDentalGroup.com!