This summer, Deer Valley Unified School District (DVUSD) will provide free curbside meals to local children through July 1.
Some highlights of the program include:
• Meal pick up is Tuesday and Thursday only. On Tuesdays, children can pick up breakfast and lunch for two days. On Thursday, children can pick up breakfast and lunch for three days.
• Children do not need to be present when picking up the meals.
• DVUSD staff ask that families stay in their car and meals will be placed in vehicle trunk, cargo space or empty passenger seat.
• Curbside meals may require additional heating.
• The district may change and/or add locations or hours depending on demand.
Distribution locations include:
• Arrowhead Elementary, 7490 W. Union Hills, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Barry Goldwater High School, 2820 W. Rose Garden Lane, 9-11:30 a.m.
• Constitution Elementary, 18440 N. 15th Avenue, 9-11:30 a.m.
Meals will also be distributed at two DVUSD bus stops:
• 24th Avenue and Lone Cactus, 9-9:30 a.m.
• 27th Avenue and Adobe Drive, 9:45-10:15 a.m.
Monitor dvusd.org/food for hour or location changes.