Musical Theatre of Anthem (MTA) will be hosting auditions for Aladdin Kids, 13 The Musical, and Godspell on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at MTA’s theatre performance space, located at 42201 N. 41st Drive, Suite B100, in Anthem. Due to COVID-19 safety regulations, pre-registration is required.
Aladdin Kids Auditions
• 10:30 a.m. General Auditions
• 9 a.m. for workshop participants A-L
• 9:45 a.m. for workshop participants M-Z
• Dance call: January 10 at 9 a.m., callbacks at 10 a.m.
Cost: $325 for ages 6-12; 10% sibling discount; scholarships available.
Audition prep workshops: $35, Thursday, January 7 and Friday, January 8, from 4:30 – 6 p.m.
13 The Musical Auditions
• 2:30 p.m. General Auditions
• 1 p.m. for workshop participants (A-L)
• 1:45 p.m. for workshop participants (M-Z)
• Dance call: January 10 at 2:30 p.m., callbacks at 3 p.m.
Cost: $325 for ages 12-15; 10% sibling discount; scholarships available.
Audition prep workshop: $35, Thursday, January 7, from 6:30 – 8 p.m.
• 4:30 p.m. General Auditions
• 4 p.m. auditions for workshop participants
• Dance call: January 10 at 6 p.m., callbacks at 6:30 p.m.
Cost: Ages 15-adult, all youth ages 15-19 are cast. $325 for ages 15-19; 10% sibling discount; scholarships available.
Audition prep workshop: $35, Thursday, January 8, from 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Details: Bring a musical theatre song (or any song they are comfortable with), 16-32 bars or one minute in length. Bring an accompaniment to sing with. You may also sing acapella. Have your registration materials completed prior to coming to the audition.
To learn more, visit MTA’s website at musicaltheatreofanthem.org.
About The Shows
• Aladdin Kids: Based on the iconic animated film, with an Academy Award-winning score by Alan Menken, Howard Ashman and Tim Rice, Disney’s Aladdin Kids is sure to send audiences soaring on a flying carpet ride filled with romance and adventure.
• 13 The Musical: Geek. Poser. Jock. Beauty Queen. Wannabe. These are the labels that can last a lifetime. With an unforgettable rock score from Tony Award-winning composer Jason Robert Brown, (Parade, The Last Five Years, Bridges of Madison County), 13 is a musical about fitting in – and standing out!
• Godspell: Godspell was the first major musical theatre offering from three-time Grammy and Academy Award winner Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin, Children of Eden), and it took the world by storm. In this play, a small group of people helps Jesus Christ tell different parables by using a wide variety of games, storytelling techniques and hefty doses of comic timing.
Musical Theatre of Anthem is an award-winning, nonprofit theater company. The mission of MTA is to develop youth and adults within the field of performing arts while enhancing their intrinsic creativity and brokering their vast talents.