Deer Valley, AZ – Phoenix firefighters are educating local children and their families about the importance of safety around water. This event is also open to the general public and admission to the River Ranch is complementary during Water Safety Day.
VISUALS TO INCLUDE:
* Phoenix Fire/Police helicopter landing at approximately 7:45 a.m.
* Open water safety demonstration by U.S. Coastguard
* “Sharkfest” fundraiser featuring mini-shark races
* Interview opportunities with Phoenix Fire Department, water safety experts from
Drowning Prevention Coalition of Arizona, hospital personnel and swim school
* Life-saving, drowning prevention skills demonstrated poolside
WHEN: Saturday, May 3, 2014
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
WHERE: PointeHiltonSquawPeak Resort
7677 N. 16th Street
CONTACT: Captain Jonathan Jacobs, Phoenix Fire Department
Engineer/Paramedic Kelly Liebermann, Phoenix Fire Department
So far in the 2014, there have been 18 drowning incidents in Phoenix. Five of those were fatalities. That’s why it’s so critical for families to hear the messages shared at Water Safety Day this year. PointeHiltonSquawPeak Resort and the Phoenix Fire Department have joined forces to educate the local children and their families about the importance of safety around water. During this event, they will host more than 200 children for a day of swimming, excitement and education at the resort’s renowned RiverRanchWaterPark.