By Sally’s Baking Addiction
Mini chocolate chip cheesecakes with a thick Oreo cookie crust and topped with homemade salted caramel sauce. Perfect for any Halloween party!
OREO COOKIE CRUST
• 18 whole Oreos (Double Stuffed or regular)
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
• 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup yogurt
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (or regular size)
• homemade salted caramel sauce
• Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two 12-count cupcake pans with 18 liners.
For the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos into a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl. Press 1 heaping Tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each liner, see picture above for a visual. You should have enough for 16-18 cups. Bake for 5 minutes and allow to slightly cool as you prepare the filling.
• For the filling: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the sugar and yogurt and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract and mini chocolate chips.
• Spoon batter into the crusts until nearly full. Bake for 20-23 minutes. The centers will still be slightly jiggly, that’s OK. The centers may also have risen up quite a bit, but they will deflate as the cheesecakes cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature, at least 1 hour. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least two hours.
• Right before serving, top each cheesecake with salted caramel and additional chocolate chips, if desired. Cover cheesecakes tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store cheesecakes (without caramel) in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.