By Cort Monroe, Ed.D., CCUSD Superintendent
Photo Courtesy of CCUSD
Please join me in congratulating the Cactus Shadows High School Graduating Class of 2022!
Here is our Falcon Class of 2022 by the numbers:
• 473 students graduated.
• 67 students were in our Cactus Shadow eLearning Program and two were early graduates.
• 198 students have been with us since kindergarten.
• Their combined GPA is a 3.359 on a weighted scale and the highest is a 4.850.
• Congratulations to Sophia Barnedo and Bryden Kaminsky on being named Co-Valedictorians. They each had a weighted GPA of 4.850. Ryan Toughill was named Salutatorian and was also named a National Merit Finalist.
• One senior had perfect attendance for the 21-22 school year.
• 51 seniors participated in the Superintendent’s Challenge, accruing 9,052 hours of community service in four years. Twenty-seven seniors completed the challenge. Senior Elizabeth Hord had the most hours over her four years for a total of 658 hours.
• 250 students are going to college/university and three to the military to serve our country.
• Two seniors received the Global Seal of Bi-literacy; nine seniors received the CCUSD Seal of Bi-literacy; and 34 received the Arizona State Seal of Bi-literacy.
• The Class of 2022 has been awarded over $16 million in scholarships to date.
• Eleven of our senior student athletes have signed letters of intent to play at the collegiate level.
And the Class of 2022 is very ready for college, already graduating with college credits:
• 22 seniors achieved the Advanced Placement Capstone Diploma.
• 13 seniors were in the International Baccalaureate program.
• 12 seniors were in Paradise Valley Community College’s Early College Program.
• Over four years, 254 students took Paradise Valley Community College Dual Enrollment courses.
• 27 attended EVIT, the East Valley Institute of Technology.
• Students took 240 Advanced Placement courses in four years.
• 315 students took Career and Technical Education courses.
Best of luck and the warmest congratulations Cactus Shadows’ Class of 2022!