Photos courtesy of city of Peoria
Get ready to embark on a free international excursion in the heart of Peoria, as the “Global Sounds” concert series returns with a promise of an enthralling cultural journey. Hosted by Peoria Arts, this unique series is set to captivate local audiences with a lineup of diverse musical and dance performances from around the globe. The concert series, held at the Gyder Theater, is designed to introduce the local community to a world of artists who bring a rich mix of cultural and musical flavors.
The “Global Sounds” series offers six free live performances through June, each starting at 7 p.m. With an average duration of 80 minutes, including a 15-minute intermission, these shows are perfect evening getaways. Hosted at the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts, located at 10580 N. 83rd Dr., the series provides an excellent opportunity for residents to experience the world through art without leaving their city.
The lineup for 2024 includes:
• Wednesday, Feb. 14: Andrés Martínez & Ritmo Latino will set the stage ablaze with Latin Jazz.
• Wednesday, March 13: Kilted Spirit will bring the heart of Celtic and Irish Folk and Rock.
• Wednesday, April 10: The Kawambe-Omowale African Drum and Dance Theatre will showcase African and African Diaspora music and storytelling.
• Wednesday, May 1: Layali Al-Sham will enchant audiences with the rhythms of the Middle East.
• Wednesday, June 12: Yellow Bird will present American Indian songs, dances, and stories.
Each performance is a free ticket to an international experience, offering a glimpse into the rich tapestry of global arts. Reservations for these performances are encouraged and available two weeks before each concert. To secure your complimentary tickets, call the box office at 623- 815-7930, or visit theaterworks.org. For more information and a detailed schedule of the performances, visit peoriaaz.gov/pcpa.