By Anya Wright,
Via Linda Senior Center
The holiday season will be upon us very soon. We are getting ready to help Scottsdale’s low-income seniors as well as people with disabilities for the holidays. Last year, the Adopt-A-Senior program provided 343 Scottsdale seniors with holiday gifts; this year, our goal is to assist even more people. There are many in our community who do not have the financial means or family to fully enjoy the holiday season, which is what Adopt-A-Senior is all about. There are a couple of ways to provide a joyous holiday to many of our neighbors in need.
Become a Sponsor and Adopt-a-Senior
There are multiple sponsorship options to choose from. You can: Adopt-A-Senior for Thanksgiving, Adopt-A-Senior for the Winter Holiday, or Adopt-A-Senior for both programs. If you choose to be a sponsor, fill out the form located at scottsdaleaz.gov/seniors/adopt-a-senior.
Donors Have Three Options This Year
1. Adopt-A-Senior for Thanksgiving ($35contribution): $35 Fry’s Gift card to be dropped off or mailed to the Via Linda Senior Center (10440 E. Via Linda). All gift cards must be received by November 13.
2. Adopt-A-Senior Winter Holiday ($145-$170)
• Three or more items from the senior’s wish list ($100-$125 average/senior)
• Grocery gift card valued at $35
• One book of forever stamps
3. Adopt-A-Senior for both holidays (Average $180-$205 total contribution): This is a combination of the above sponsorships. Please consider the two separate drop-off dates if you choose to Adopt-A-Senior for both holidays.
Drop-off dates at the Via Linda Senior Center for Winter Holiday Program are from December 2-4.
If you do not want to be a part of the above options you can also make a monetary donation, either by cash, check or credit card. Please make checks payable to Scottsdale Community Partners (SCP) with Adopt-A-Senior written in the memo section. Scottsdale Community Partners is a nonprofit organization contracted by the City of Scottsdale entrusted to support the city’s various giving programs.
If interested in donating grocery gift cards they must be in the amount of $35 (Fry’s is the most popular). Cash, check or grocery cards need to be mailed to Via Linda Senior Center at 10440 E Via Linda, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. Credit card donations can be made online at: scottsdalecommunitypartners.org/donate. Please put Adopt-A-Senior in the message line.
Your donation is guaranteed to lift the spirits of one of our recipients who might be isolated, homebound, or in poor health. What a generous way to make their holiday special! To learn more, call 480-312-5811 or visit scottsdaleaz.gov/seniors/adopt-a-senior.