Photos courtesy of Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Southern charm and frosty mint juleps take center stage as the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess hosts its annual Kentucky Derby Lawn Party at Michael Mina’s Bourbon Steak. Don your fanciest hats and sharpest suits to experience the excitement of the 149th Run for the Roses on Bourbon Steak’s plasma screens, both indoors and outdoors, while enjoying an array of festivities.
The May 6 event features festive live music, food and drink, a photo booth, lawn games, and more, ensuring a memorable time for all from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Indulge in a classic lunch menu infused with Southern flair, crafted by Executive Chef Sara Garrant. With a selection of Derby Day favorites like shrimp & grits, Kentucky hot brown, and Derby pie, you’ll be delighted by the culinary experience.
The Derby is just as much about fashion as it is horse racing, so Southern belles and gents are encouraged to compete for spectacular prizes in the men’s and women’s Derby hat and fashion contest.
VIP ticket holders will enjoy exclusive perks, including:
• All beverages for the afternoon (up to five per person)
• Complimentary red-carpet valet
• Complimentary Moet & Chandon or Bulleit Mint Julep upon arrival
• Traditional Derby favorites with a Michael Mina twist by Executive Chef Sara Garrant
• A DJ to keep the stylish guests dancing and having fun in an innovative atmosphere
• Complimentary entry into raffle drawings and the featured fashion contest
Reservations are required for this must-attend event, so secure your spot now and bring your Southern charm to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess’ Annual Kentucky Derby Lawn Party. Tickets are $189.
For information, contact 480-585-2694.