Photos Courtesy of The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show
The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, the largest home show in the Southwest, returns to WestWorld of Scottsdale Friday, May 6 through Sunday, May 8, and will feature free crafts for mothers and children in celebration of Mother’s Day.
Discover the joy of a dream closet and get the chance to walk away with a free pair of designer shoes to add to your own collection. Be sure to check out the hundreds of home improvement inspirations from local businesses, artisans, and companies all in one location for three days.
“For the first time at the Home Show we’re having two handmade headquarters,” says Katie Jones, show manager. “It’s Mother’s Day weekend and we thought it’d be special to include mom and me activities.”
• Dream Closet: One hundred pairs of designer shoes line the shelves of this luxurious dream closet fit for a queen. Guess which pair is your size, and if Prince Charming says the shoe fits, take the pair home for free.
• Handmade Headquarters: Sign up for free make-and-take arts and crafts.
• Education: Enjoy DIY demos and educational seminars all weekend long.
• Design Your Own Backyard: Free landscape consultation and take-home design with landscaping professionals (a value of $350). Don’t forget to bring your existing backyard pictures and measurements.
• Ask a Master Gardener: The University of Master Gardeners are highly trained experts in everything from flowers to vegetables to composting. Watch and learn as they discuss and demonstrate the basics of gardening and flower and vegetable maintenance.
• Backyard Safety: Learn how to prepare you and your yard for the playset that is perfect for your family!
The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show takes place May 6-8 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at WestWorld of Scottsdale, located at 116601 N. Pima Road. Admission prices vary. For more information, call 602-485-1691 or visit MChomeshows.com.