Scottsdale residents who want to institute positive change in the city can apply to serve on advisory boards or commissions, which are residents appointed by the City Council to advise the council on specific topic areas.
These are the 11 that have openings:
• Airport Advisory Commission
• Board of Adjustment
• Building Advisory Board of Appeals
• Environmental Advisory Commission
• Historic Preservation Commission
• Industrial Development Authority
• Judicial Appointments Advisory Board
• McDowell Sonoran Preserve Commission
• Parks and Recreation Commission
• Tourism Development Commission (Scottsdale Hotelier Representative position)
• Veterans Advisory Commission
Submit applications online by Friday, January 22. The City Council will review materials and nominate candidates from the applicant pool in February, with appointments taking place in March.
Appointed members are required to comply with the city’s Ethics Code and attend a training session before officially beginning their term.
To apply and learn more about boards and requirements, visit scottsdaleaz.gov/boards.