Autumnfest, one of the North Valley’s favorite events, will return to Anthem Community Park, Oct. 24-25. The weekend-long event runs 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Autumnfest is open to the public; parking and admission are free.
“The tradition of Autumnfest always gets the people of Anthem, and those who visit from throughout the Valley, geared up for the holidays with all of the fun and festivities offered over the course of the weekend,” said Kristi Northcutt, director of public affairs for the Anthem Community Council.
This year’s event activities include:
• Arts and Crafts: Handmade goods, culinary creations, art, jewelry, photography, candles, furniture and many other items will be for sale by area vendors. Vendors may register through Sept. 25.
• Carnival Rides and Games: Frazier Shows Carnival offers a host of rides and attractions including a Ferris wheel, swings, fun house and carousel, in addition to “thrill-seeker” rides like the Vertigo. The carnival will open Thursday evening and run through the weekend at various times. Rides and games vary in price. All-you-can-ride wristbands will be available during select times. Hours will be announced at OnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest.
• Kids Zone: Children will enjoy hayrides and inflatables. The Daisy Mountain Railroad will also offer train rides through the Park. Prices vary.
• Pumpkin Patch: Families can pick the perfect pumpkin to decorate and paint. $5 per pumpkin.
• Photo Booth (NEW!): Commemorate the weekend with a photo at the photo booth, sponsored by the Anthem Community Council. Photos will be available for download the week after the event. Free.
• Food Court/Rotary Beer Garden: Food, beer and wine will be available for purchase. No outside food or drinks are allowed in the food court area. ATM on site; prices vary.
• Entertainment: Bands will perform at the Main Pavilion both days. Enjoy Cactus Road (country), Saturday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. and Raun Alosi Band (variety), Sunday from 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Attendees will also enjoy a strolling magician and balloon artist. Free.
• Apple Pie Baking Contest: Hosted by Arizona Hills Community Church, premade apple pie creations submitted by Valley residents are judged on Saturday, Oct. 24, at 10:30 a.m. Ribbons and prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in the single and double crust divisions. A People’s Choice winner will also be chosen (event attendees may sample and judge, while supplies last). Entry forms are available at OnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest and are due by Oct. 17. Free.
• MCSO Mounted Patrol Horses: Visit the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Mounted Patrol division. Attendees may meet and greet the horses. Free.
• Firewise Days, in partnership with Daisy Mountain Fire Department: Stop by to visit with Smokey the Bear (Saturday only), learn what it takes to keep the community safe from fires, and take a tour through a fire truck and on-site medical trailer. Free.
“Autumnfest is one of the many celebrations each year that builds a sense of community in Anthem,” said Michele DeMichele, ACC director of special events. “It brings residents out to enjoy family traditions, create new memories and truly enjoy the beauty of our award-winning Community Park.”
Autumnfest is sponsored in part by EPCOR Water Arizona and ValleyCrest Landscape Company. Anthem Community Park is located at 41730 N. Gavilan Peak Pkwy. Visit OnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest for more information.