For six weeks each year, Girl Scouts in Arizona participate in the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world: The Girl Scout Cookie Program. From January 20 – March 1, more than 10,000 girls in central and northern Arizona will be walking around neighborhoods and boothing in front of local stores learning entrepreneurial skills while selling delicious cookies.
And for the seventh year in a row, participating chefs from restaurants across central and northern Arizona will go head-to-head to create a winning dessert with one of the Girl Scout Cookie flavors including Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos or Trefoils.
The creation will be featured on their menus during February and, for the second year, GSACPC will offer an online poll for everyone to vote for their favorite! To vote, fans can visit girlscoutsaz.org/dessert-challenge. The dessert with the most votes at the end of the challenge in central and northern Arizona regions will each be crowned the 2020 Girl Scout Dessert Challenge Champion in early March.
A portion of proceeds are donated back to GSACPC, and some participants provide cookie boothing space on their property. The friendly competition provides a great opportunity for local businesses to support and inspire future entrepreneurs — Girl Scouts!
GSACPC is pleased to announce that this year is its biggest-ever event, with 36 participating venues – including 11 hotels and resorts and six northern Arizona participants. Neighborhood locations include:
• Different Point of View at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort (Hotel/Resort), 11111 N. 7th St.
• LOVECRAFT, 3128 E. Cactus Rd.
• Ocean Prime Phoenix, 5455 E. High St.
• PHX Beer Co. – Scottsdale Restaurant, 8300 N. Hayden Rd.
• Proof, an American Canteen at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale Troon North (Hotel/Resort), 10600 E. Crescent Moon Dr.
• Rusconi’s American Kitchen, 10637 N. Tatum Blvd.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world, generating over $700 million in annual sales. Nearly 200 million boxes of Girl Scout Cookies are sold each year to more than 50 million cookie customers. GSACPC sold over 2.8 million packages of cookies last year. This year’s goal is 3 million packages. Here is a snapshot of the season at a glance:
The Cookie Lineup
• New! Lemon-Ups: Crispy lemon cookies baked with inspiring messages. $5
• Thin Mints: Mint flavored with a delicious chocolaty coating. Vegan. $5
• Tagalongs: Layers of peanut butter with a rich, chocolaty coating. $5
• Samoas: Caramel and toasted coconut-covered cookies. $5
• Trefoils: Iconic and delicious shortbread cookies. $5
• Do-si-dos: Crisp and crunchy oatmeal outside and creamy peanut butter inside. $5
• Girl Scout S’mores: Crunchy graham sandwich cookies with creamy chocolate and marshmallowy filling. $6
• Toffee-tastics: Buttery (and gluten-free) cookies with sweet, crunchy golden toffee bits. $6