Musical Theatre of Anthem (MTA) is proud to announce their 15th season, bringing to the stage some new performances sure to delight patrons of all ages.
This upcoming season, which is their fifteenth, MTA will produce seven shows offering tremendous opportunities for performers of all ages, including casting all youth who audition in productions for performers ages 6-19, as well as opportunities for adult performers.
“We are so grateful for all of the support from the community and are very excited to head into our 15th season,” says MTA Board Member and Producing Artistic Director Jackie Hammond. “We are so honored that one of our long-time staff members, Sarah Lindsay, through her company Honu Management, has made a large donation to our general fund, as well as a large donation to our Lyle Kishbaugh Scholarship Fund. Her generous support will ensure that we can continue our mission of allowing every child to participate, regardless of financial burdens. We are looking forward to awarding a record number of scholarships. It is sure to be a wonderful season of shows, workshops, training, and more.”
MTA’s 2022-2023 Season will include:
- “Disney’s Winnie the Pooh KIDS” performance is July 15-16; auditions are July 6
- “A Chorus Line: Teen Edition” performance is July 28-30; auditions are July 17
- “Little Women” performance is September 22-25; auditions are August 6
- “A Year With Frog and Toad KIDS” performance is November 3-6; auditions are August 27
- “Be More Chill” performance is December 8-11; auditions are October 1
- “Disney’s My Son Pinocchio Jr.” performance is June 15-17, 2023; auditions are June 5, 2023
There will be one more performance added to the line-up that will be announced in late July.
“We are also thrilled to continue a large variety of classes for kids of all ages starting again in August, including Improv, Theatre Special Skills, Fairytale Theatre, and special workshops like the 24 Hour Theatre Project and MTA’s very own haunted house after an enormous turnout for our inaugural haunted house last year,” Hammond adds.
To learn more about each show, including its corresponding try-out information and news for potential cast members, visit musicaltheatreofanthem.org.